Many people want to pay tribute to a loved one or asset young people pursuing a career goal similar to their own. Establishing a scholarship fund at the Winona Community Foundation is one way to accomplish this.
The Foundation houses individual scholarship funds established for various purposes ranging from pre-school tuition assistance to scholarships for employees and their children of an area business. The application for each of these scholarships are administered separately from the Foundation.
If you are considering establishing a scholarship, the Winona Community Foundation provides an easy, cost-effective solution. Here are some of the benefits of establishing a scholarship fund at the Foundation:
- You can benefit students coming from or enrolling in more than one school or college
- Scholarship programs may be for enrollment at summer camps to medical college, for children to adults of all ages, for dance lessons to space camp
- You can pay tribute to an individual(s) by naming the fund after that person
- We handle all the paperwork for your fund, including fund statements, check-writing, tax filings, and annual financial audits
- Monies are combined with the Foundation’s assets and are invested by professionals
- Balance out good and bad years by investing more when you can but being able to give out the same amount of money during other lean years
- The scholarships are awarded by your independent committee review process