The Winona Community Foundation devotes a small portion of our budget to support area organization’s events as they offer opportunities to ignite generosity, build vibrancy in Winona, improve quality of life, collaboration, and connect people with organizations and causes that can advance the public good. Applicants must meet the Foundation’s minimum eligibility requirements.
Click here to download Sponsorship Information PDF.
WHAT KINDS OF EVENTS DO WE SUPPORT?
The Winona Community Foundation is looking to support events that build the vibrant place we call home, activate and connect people to places within Winona County, and build community in these spaces.
- Festivals: events that typically draw 500-1,000+ people.
- Institutional Events: events organized by students, employees, and professional development groups. Events can also be held on institutional campuses.
- Business Events: including grant openings and launches.
HOW MUCH DO WE OFFER?
The Foundation offers event sponsorships up to $200-$1500 depending on the need. Organizations may only receive one sponsorship per calendar year.
In addition to the financial benefits, the Foundation will help promote the event by sharing it on our social media platforms. The frequency/format of social media sharing will be at the discretion of the Foundation.
WHEN SHOULD I APPLY?
The Winona Community Foundation sponsorship inquires are reviewed on a rolling basis. We recommend a 2-3 month lead time prior to the event but you can apply at any time as long as the event will take place in the next 12 months.
Please review the form at bottom of page.
HOW DO WE DETERMINE WHO RECIEVES FUNDING?
The Foundation reviews the inquiries monthly and awards sponsorship funding based on our impact rubric. This rubric based on the following mission goals: igniting generosity, building vibrancy in Winona, improving quality of life, collaboration, and connecting people with organizations and causes that can advance the public good – as well as the applicant’s ability to collaborate and clearly articulate their event plan.
- Winona County Promotion – does the event attract new people to Winona County or provide a new way to experience Winona’s assets?
- Place Activation – does this event activate places within Winona County and connect people to spaces in Winona County?
- Diversity – does this event target a wide variety of stakeholder groups across Winona County?
- Community Partner – is this organizer a community partner?
- Clarity & Accuracy – is the inquiry clear and complete?
MY SPONSORSHIP WAS APPROVED! WHAT DO YOU NEED FROM ME?
- Add our logo to your promotional materials
- Share marketing materials with us 7-14 prior to the event (email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Tag us on social media
- Thank you at event – “Event Sponsored by the Winona Community Foundation”