The Winona Community Foundation is a great partner for nonprofit causes or charitable projects or initiatives. For many years, the Winona Community Foundation has helped local charitable projects get off the ground by providing fiscal and administrative infrastructure they need to operate through a fiscal sponsorship agreement. Funds we are currently managing or have managed here at the Foundation include:
- Ready Set School of Winona County
- Goodfellows Fund
- Winona Area Toys for Kids
- East End/Sobieski Park Lodge Project
- Lions Club Every Child’s Dream Project (Lake Park Playground)
Winona Park & Development Dog Park Project
Frozen River Film Festival – Now established as an independent 501(c)(3)
- Engage Winona – Now established as an independent 501(c)(3)
If you are a nonprofit looking to outsource financial responsibilities or you have a charitable project that needs professional management and nonprofit status to get started, please contact us!
How to Start
- Contact Winona Community Foundation staff to review your needs. A special project or initiative needs to have charitable intent and be aligned with tax-exempt purposes.
- Complete a “Fiscal Sponsorship” application which will be reviewed by the Foundation Board of Directors. This will be provided to you after your needs are reviewed with Foundation staff.