You want our community to thrive, and we want to be your partner.
Since 1987, the Winona Community Foundation has served as a trusted partner and resource for a thriving community, touching thousands of lives across the region. When you invest in the Winona Community Foundation, you take on our community’s biggest challenges — and biggest opportunities.
You may or may not know and understand the work of our Foundation. A few examples of what we accomplished with our donors in 2020 include:
- Granting out $1.2 million to eligible, 501(c)3 nonprofits.
- Awarded local nonprofits $95,000 in Community Grants this year.
- $45,200 to repair homes, support nutritious meals for seniors, provide students with school supplies, and improve accessibility to the performing arts.
- $49,812 to eight area nonprofits who suffered losses of income or increased demand in services due to the pandemic.
- Creating a COVID-19 Relief Fund to support individuals experiencing financial hardship due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Supporting local nonprofits directly:
- Sponsoring the Winona Nonprofit Alliance, a collaborative effort of more than thirty nonprofits in the Winona area.
- Providing administrative support to local nonprofits such as Ready Set School, Goodfellows, BK5K and others.
- Honoring legacy by establishing funds for individuals who left gifts in their will.
- The Donna Helble Literacy Fund supported the Friends of the Winona Public Library’s project: Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library.
- The Ramona L. Jezewski English Fund will support local charities indefinitely.
We are dedicated to strengthening our community by growing and encouraging charitable giving. But in order to continue to confront the challenges ahead, we need your support. We are your community foundation and we invite you to share in our mission by making a gift to the Winona Community Foundation today.