Honoring Extraordinary Commitment to Improving Life in Winona
JC Pfeiffer will be honored at the Winona Community Foundation’s Founders Event on Tuesday, October 6 as the 2020 Founders Award recipient. This award is community nominated and given to an individual in the community who has demonstrated an extraordinary commitment to improving life in the Winona area through the use of their time, talent and treasure. Individuals selected to receive this award are given grant dollars from the Founders Endowment Fund to give to a charity of their choice.
The Founders Award recognizes individuals who:
• have demonstrated an extraordinary commitment to improving life in the Winona area community through the use of their time, talent and treasure;
• have recognized unmet needs and untapped opportunities to better our community;
• have collaborated with others to create a vision of what could be, then motivated others within the community to take action towards pursuit of that vision;
• serve as role models for others related to charitable activities & community projects;
• advance philanthropic activities in the Winona area community.
The Founders Fund was created in 2003 to honor all of the individuals who planted the seed for the start of the Winona Community Foundation in the 1980s. This endowed fund awards dollars to local non-profit chosen in the name of an individual or organization that clearly touched community life for all time. Past recipients of this award include:
• Louis De Thomasis, Saint Mary’s University, Past President – 2004
• Dr. Darrell Krueger, Winona State University, Past President – 2004
• Ms. Gloria Ames, Community Volunteer – 2005
• Tim Burchill, Past Development Program Director at Saint Mary’s University of MN – 2007
• Sue Cornwell, Community Leader & First President of WCF – 2008
• The Winona HIMS – 2010
• Patte Peterson, Past Board Member of the Winona Community Foundation – 2012