Winona Community Foundation Community Grant Program due August 1
Focus adapted to COVID-19 impact
The cycle 2 Community Grants of the Winona Community Foundation are due August 1 and will be used for operational relief to our local nonprofits. The Board of Directors voted to suspend our current community grant program and change the grant priorities for cycle 2 to focus on operational needs of local non-profits; specifically, the losses of income or increases in demand for services due to COVID-19 since March 15. The maximum grant award will be $10,000 and the Foundation has $52,500 to grant for cycle 2.
Cycle 2 Basic Guidelines
In light of the coronavirus pandemic, we are changing our priorities for cycle 2 to meet the current needs of local non-profits and the losses of income or increases in services they have due COVID-19 since March 15.
Who can apply: Charitable organizations with a 501c3 organization, government agency or have a fiscal agent agreement with 501c3 organization in the Winona area who have been established for three or more years.
- Community grants are due August 1
- Nonprofits who received a grant in cycle 1 are not eligible for cycle 2
- The maximum grant award is $10,000 ($52,500 total available to grant)
- Please call Nancy Brown before submitting an application
While the grants committee will accept and review all grant requests (which are first vetted with Nancy Brown at the Foundation), the committee does have these priorities in mind:
- Nonprofits who provide basic and/or COVID-19 related needs and have demonstrated financial need
- Nonprofits who did not receive Payment Protection Program (PPP) funding
- Requests that are financially reasonable and this grant award (up to $10,000) will make a substantial and immediate impact on the organization
- After these priorities, all other requests considered
Please contact Foundation staff with any questions.